I’m new to blogging. In my old life I would never have thought to create a blog and share my life and my thoughts with cyberspace. Too busy, too old, not bold enough to just let myself hang out there for anyone to see, and criticize.
So, why did I put “Dead Horse Ranch” in my blog’s title? About 12 years ago my husband and I bought land in this beautiful red rock paradise. While my husband was finalizing the deal (nit picking every possible point, thank heavens) we drove our motorhome down to our 20 acres and camped. Between our initial look and our first real trip there, a local rancher had dumped a dead horse on the land. Yuck! We tried to find out who had done the nasty deed, but to no avail, so the horse stayed there and rotted, fed the coyotes and assorted other critters, and was a bag of predator-scattered bones by the time we built our home a decade later. At first it was disgusting, then it became an interesting story, now there is a horse skull proudly displayed in front of our home – a great conversation piece.
We built an 1800 square foot off-grid solar home. Now that we have lived here almost two years we have accumulated many fun stories - at least they are fun in hindsight. I’ll babble away when I feel like sharing, and see what happens.
Enough for my first posting.
Thought for the day
Why does a smoke alarm always have a false alarm in the middle of the night rather than during waking hours? And why on a night when you really needed a full night’s sleep?
No comments:
Post a Comment