I’m not quite to two weeks into taking high dose prednisone, and am starting a slow taper. It has been pretty awful so far, although a few days of “not too awful” were thrown in to tease me. The power surges of the first week have essentially ended, the power drains have increased. Then on Saturday I rode into town with my husband to go to the library, and got extremely motion sick, which lasted well into Sunday and today. On hind sight, rather than just motion sickness, I think I have the prednisone dizzies, with nausea thrown in for good measure. Meclazine helps a little, but I’m afraid to take much because it can wipe me out too.
The “antsy” part of the side effects makes me want to do something, but if I do, I’m too tired, then dizzy, then nauseated to follow through. Surfing the web is getting old - and I’m usually a big fan of “stream of consciousness” surfing where one thought leads to another search, then another (and you can learn so much). And, my tight finances can only allow so much online shopping….
So what to do. I’ve been learning Spanish via Rosetta Stone for the past few months and have really enjoyed the challenge. It has been very enlightening to see how I can comprehend the spoken and written word, but seem relatively unable to easily form independent sentences or thoughts in another language. I understand better why the kids of immigrants learn English very quickly, but the adults may be able understand fairly well, but not speak well. Obviously those two activities of language learning involve different centers of the brain. Right now my brain is so fuzzy I can’t even get the comprehension part working….so Rosetta Stone waits for a while.
Posting to my blog more frequently may be an answer to keeping me busy, at least a few more minutes each day. I have more building fiascos, philosophical rants, and nonsensical posts hiding in this fuzzy brain. If I can get them out of my brain to the screen sounding even remotely coherent, I will post them. More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment