Several days ago, my husband was at the neighborhood "old farts" penny poker game, and I was home alone multitasking. I was playing with my new cell phone, completing online crossword puzzles, and watching TV. I was frustrated that my new phone had just been updated online and something had changed. I became frustrated trying to figure out my phone – and then I went into afib. So I called my son and my beautiful daughter in law (DIL) – asking them to call me back to see if the phone even received calls (it did). I spoke with my DIL for a while, both of us realizing I was very emotional about the upcoming first anniversary of my grandson's stillbirth. She was so comforting as I cried for a while and we commiserated about our mutual loss – and then I came out of afib. We kept talking for a while longer, and then my son and I had a nice chat. I felt so much better after the call. My DIL told me that her period was either due soon or one day overdue (depending upon either a 26 or 28 day cycle), and that she was hoping that she was pregnant. I had a very strong feeling, based on a dream ~8-10 days ago, that she was pregnant, but after her experiences with pregnancy loss, I didn't dare say anything except if it is supposed to happen it will. After the call I tightly held an amethyst heart in one hand and a piece of sodalite (etched with one of my totems) in the other, and went onto my back porch (which faces NNE). As soon as I got to the end of the porch cover so I could see the trillions of stars on that moonless night, there was a shooting star to the northeast. It was very bright, not too long, and had a reddish tinge to the trail. I burst into tears, saying "thank you thank you."
The next day she posted on her blog that she had two positive pregnancy tests. Happiness mixed with shared, remembered loss. I have very strong positive feelings about this pregnancy – I pray that I am right.
As far as the dream, or waking vision that I had a short while ago? It was early morning, and I had not slept well, fairly usual on prednisone. I was listening to an audiobook, as I do every night now, eyes closed, trying to relax enough to fall asleep. Then in the dark of my closed eyes there was a very bright central light, like a star; it faded somewhat, then another bright light/star appeared. Then the stars merged into one, then very quickly there were very slight lines dissecting the star, almost like a cell was dividing into multiple cells. Then it was over – seconds at the most. I opened my eyes, feeling like I had been very aware (awake?) while that had happened, and said to myself "That was a conception dream. My kids are already pregnant or going to be pregnant soon." I wrote it on my calendar so I would know when it happened. Now to keep the positive thoughts brought on by the stars….
No comments:
Post a Comment