It started this morning with a “help wanted” ad in our local weekly newspaper – for a part time job with BLM. I made a negative comment, then my husband made an incorrect comment about our finances, which I was quick to “correct.” It went downhill from there. He closes off when he is upset, so there he was, sitting at our dining room table, closed off. I get upset when he closes off, so I went into my office and cried for a while. Why can’t we grow up? I calmed down, he kind of calmed down.
Anyway, we had decided yesterday, after a not so bad, but antsy day, that we would take a drive today to the closest Walmart – which is 70 miles away. We woke up to heavy, threatening clouds this morning, so I thought the trip would probably be postponed. But after the way the morning started, we decided to go. We left about 10am and got back a little after 2pm. The weather wasn’t too bad. We passed through a few small squalls on the way, but none on our return.
The bad news on our return is that my husband’s cell phone was missing. Cell phones are all we have in our off-grid home. It apparently fell off of his belt at some time during our trip. When we were looking for his phone I tried calling his number. Within a minute his phone called me back – it was the customer service rep at the Walmart, 70 miles away. Guess what we get to do tomorrow, or some day soon? Take another drive to pick up his phone. Thank heavens for the honest person who turned in his phone.
Meanwhile, I am feeling a little down again now. We were both in pretty good moods when we got home, but the nuisance of a lost phone pulled me down again. That, and ashes….
My grieving children got Liam’s ashes yesterday, and that made me sad (and them sad). They will find an urn this weekend. That makes it all very real. They still don’t have the autopsy report, which we all need for more closure. Was there a cause or wasn’t there? Darned health care systems and their stupid rules (and yes, I used to work for one). They need it before my daughter in law’s doctor’s appointment in two weeks, so they can ask the right questions, and get good information. Enough for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment